B2B Audit Scheme
What is Business to Business auditing?
- A collaboration between Marks & Spencer, The Food Safety Consortium and M&S Ingredient Suppliers to provide M&S Finished Product Manufacturers with a cost effective Ingredient Supplier audit sharing facility to help to minimise auditing load (cost and time) across the whole M&S Food Supply Chain.
How does the scheme work for M&S manufacturers?
- Audits of M&S Controlled (‘A List’) and key Ingredient Suppliers are carried out by The Food Safety Consortium as part of their risk assessed audit schedule, ensuring all bulk ingredient manufacture aspects are covered in the audit.
- The audit report is made available for purchase by you, the M&S manufacturer, via the M&S CommuniTech platform.
- The Ingredient Suppliers corrective actions are automatically monitored through M&S CommuniTech and updated in real time, these are immediately available to you during the subscription period of the audit.
What are the benefits for you and the ingredient suppliers?
- Reduced auditing costs to you, and throughout the M&S Food Supply Chain, as participation in the scheme negates the M&S requirement for you to carry out your own audit at the relevant Ingredient Suppliers.
- A benefit in reduced number of audit requests for the Ingredient Suppliers.
- Improved Food Safety Due Diligence as food sector specific audits are conducted by experienced and M&S approved auditors.
- Plan “A” compliant because of reduced travel and flight costs.
- Improved utilisation of your own valuable technical resource.
How do you participate in the scheme?
- Log in to M&S CommuniTech and go to the B2B Tab (Subject to access*)
- Purchase the required audits using a Credit or Debit Card.
- Your Purchased Audits become available in the “Purchased Audits” section and you can also print them off for your own use.
- Audit corrective actions are periodically updated to your purchased audit.
- Audit is available for use for the period of your subscription or until the audit expires (i.e. Is replaced by a new audit)
What does it cost?
- £150 + VAT per audit report (Single site use only)
If you would like to take part in the B2B auditing scheme, please complete this form.
*access will need to be approved by the seller of the report (The FSC will need to confirm this)